In this How-To document we will try to show how to make an e-Commerce store for digital products, like music, photographs, etc.
These are the steps:
- I have installed WordPress and TheCartPress in a linux server of a typical web hosting company.
- Set up the download path in the settings page of TheCartPress plugin. For example, in my server I see this path as the example: /var/www/vhost/my-host.com/httpdocs/my-site/wp-content/plugins/thecartpress/admin.
- Set this value to /var/www/vhost/my-host.com/httpdocs/my-site/uploads.
- Create this folder (uploads) with a FTP client (set Group Permissions to Write).
- Create a text file (into upload folder) that contains “deny from all”. Rename the file to ‘.htaccess’.
And that’s all. If you’d want to comment anything about this ‘How-to’, please do so through the community.