The FedEx Live Shipping plugin for TheCartPress requires a few key pieces of account information from Federal Express to function properly.
First, you must have a FedEx account and meter number. To open an account, go here:
Then register for a production key here:
by following these steps:
- Click “Technical Resources”
- Next click “FedEx Web Services for Shipping”
- Next, “Move to Production”
- Finally, at the bottom of the screen, “Obtain Production Key”
- When asked, you are not reselling your software, are asking for a FedEx Web Services for Shipping, and are a Corporate Developer
Be sure to write down all the information they provide, and look for an email to contain the rest! The settings page in the FedEx plugin Admin Panel will have a space for each of the pieces of information that FedEx sends. Be sure to put the correct entries in the correct slots, and click “Save!”
Like other live calculation shipping plugins, the FedEx plugin requires that your products have accurate weights associated with them to work correctly.